- Large-scale, design-build, commercial development project involving the preparation of a Commercial Use-By-Right permit application for a new industrial plant. In association with the application, A & M prepared an engineering drainage and detention report, drainage plans, a final grading plan and detailed landscape plan, an erosion and sediment control plan, water demand analysis and collection system demand analysis reports, and driveway paving and parking paving improvement plans.
- Design, permitting and construction of a Non-Hazardous Industrial Waste Processing Facility and Class I underground injection well facility.
- Design and permitting associated with a maintenance dredging project including preparation of a feasibility study, hydrographic survey of the channel to be dredged, and preliminary design of several earthen settling basins to store and dewater approximately 100,000 cubic yards of dredged materials pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act for permit issuance from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Permit approval required a county Floodplain Development Permit. Issuance required demonstration that the proposed project would not cause an increase in the base flood elevation, which required HEC-RAS modeling and reporting. A & M also prepared a Section 401 Water Quality Certification Plan, a budgetary cost estimate for construction, the final construction drawings, contract, general conditions, and technical specifications for procurement of construction services for the construction of a terminal pad, roadway, and the earthen settling basins designed to store and dewater the dredged materials.
- Structural integrity testing and evaluation of concrete pavement and reinforced concrete hydraulic structures for a state agency.
- Pavement design and construction QA/QC of a parking lot for a state agency.
We are also experienced in storm water (storm drainage design systems, management planning and design, and lake storage capacity and sedimentation rate studies) and water supply systems (concept evaluation studies, water distribution systems, storage tanks, water supply evaluations, and water treatment facilities). Our team specializes in wastewater treatment system studies, pump stations, interceptor sewers, sewer force mains, treatment facilities, troubleshooting, sludge storage, and preparation of operation/maintenance manuals.
Our civil engineering and design capabilities encompass most areas within these disciplines. Some of our primary related services include:
- Site plans and development drawings.
- Storm drainage systems and hydraulic structures.
- Storm water management, planning, and design.
- Grading plans, construction support, and management.
- Construction Quality Assurance (CQA).
- Construction phasing, staging plans, and analysis.
- Cost estimates and procurement.
- Procedures and documentation review.
- Risk characterization, uncertainty analysis, and site analysis.
- Feasibility studies.